No one has helped translate this article yet. If you already know how localizing for SUMO works, start translating now. If you want to learn how to translate articles for SUMO, please start here.
Download and install Mozilla VPN to connect to the internet through one of our secure servers, keeping your location and online activity private and throwing off data collectors.
Your subscription allows you to run Mozilla VPN on up to five devices at the same time. If Mozilla VPN is installed on multiple profiles on one device, each profile will count as a device. To learn more, visit Are there limits to my Mozilla VPN connection?
Note: Mozilla VPN is available for macOS 10.14 and up.
To download and install Mozilla VPN on your macOS:
- Visit https://www.mozilla.org/products/vpn/download/.
- Click Get Mozilla VPN to begin the download for your current device, or select another device type from the list on the right.
- Go to your Downloads folder (or to your default downloads destination) and double-click on the MozillaVPN.pkg file to start the installation.
- Tip: On Firefox and most web browsers, you can locate recently downloaded files by clicking the downloads icon in the right of the navigation bar.
- A pop-up window may ask you if you allow the app to make changes to your computer. Click Yes.
- The installer will open. Click
- Select for which users you wish to install the VPN. Click
- The default destination will be the applications folder, but you have the option to specify a different location, clicking
- You may be asked to enter your system password or touch ID authentication to authorize the installation.
- A progress bar will appear to allow you to keep track of the installation progress.
- Upon completion, a confirmation message will display an installation summary. Click
- You may be asked if you want to remove the installation file since it is no longer necessary. We recommend you do, but it’s not required.
- Mozilla VPN will launch. Click Firefox Account credentials. If you don’t have a subscription, visit the Mozilla VPN website and choose the plan that is right for you.
All set! The Mozilla VPN installation is completed. Check How do I turn on Mozilla VPN? and How do I choose my server on Mozilla VPN? for next steps.
- How to download and install Mozilla VPN on iOS
- How to download and install Mozilla VPN on Android
- How to download and install Mozilla VPN on Windows
- How to install Mozilla VPN on a Linux computer