This article explains why you are always asked to log in to Pocket when you want to view your Pocket list of saved pages. For more information about logging into Pocket, see Sign up for Pocket with your Firefox account and Log in to Pocket with your Firefox account.
If you select Never Remember History in Firefox Settings from the first drop-down within the History section of the Browser Privacy page, it may seem like the right thing to do, but you may not understand the impact of this change. When Firefox is set to never remember history, Private Browsing mode is enabled. As a result, when trying to view your Pocket list, you'll be prompted to log in to the site and no cookies will be saved.
To fix this issue and enable Firefox to save cookies for Pocket:
- In the Menu bar at the top of the screen, click and select .Click the menu button and select .
- Click on the left. The Browser Privacy page displays.
from the first drop-down within the History section.
- Uncheck if it is check marked. This will display a dialog prompting you to restart Firefox. Click the button. Firefox will close and reopen.
- Go to the Cookies and Site Data section of the
- Click the
- The Exceptions - Cookie and Site Data pop-up dialog displays.
- Enter https://getpocket.com in the Address of website field.
- Click the
- https://getpocket.com is added below to the Website column and Allow is added to the Status column.
- Click the button.
Save to Pocket again after completing the steps above. A prompt will display asking you to log in one more time.