No one has helped translate this article yet. If you already know how localizing for SUMO works, start translating now. If you want to learn how to translate articles for SUMO, please start here.
If you find that Mozilla VPN is disconnecting or turning off after being activated, you can try the below steps to resolve this issue. These steps are also helpful if Mozilla VPN is connected, but websites fail to load.
Table of Contents
Disable Firewalls (Desktop)
If you have a Firewall or Antivirus that also monitors your internet connection, it’s a good idea to disable them or allow an exception for Mozilla VPN. In order to do this, you will need to refer to your specific application's support documentation.
For Windows Defender Firewall
- In the Windows Start Menu search bar, type Allow an app through Windows Firewall and click on the first result.
- Click the Change Settings button at the top right of the window to make changes.
- The Allow another app button should highlight. Click the Allow another app button close to the bottom of the window.
- Click Browse.
- Navigate to the VPN by going through the following path: This PC > Windows (C:) > Program Files > Mozilla > Mozilla VPN > MozillaVPN.exe
- Click Add.
- Back on the Allowed apps window, make sure mozillavpn has both the Private and Public boxes next to it checked.
- Click OK at the bottom.
- Restart the system.
For macOS Application Firewall
- Open System Preference.
- Click the Security or Security & Privacy icon.
- Select the Firewall tab.
- Click the lock icon in the preference pane, then enter an administrator name and password.
- Click the Firewall Options button.
- Click the Add Application (+) button.
- Select Mozilla VPN.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.
Reset Mozilla VPN (All platforms)
If none of the above solutions work and Mozilla VPN keeps disconnecting, you can try resetting Mozilla VPN:
- Open the Mozilla VPN application.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Select the Get Help option.
- At the top of the screen that opens, click the Get help title 6 consecutive times until Developer Options appear at the bottom.
- Select Developer Options.
- Scroll down and click
- Relaunch the Mozilla VPN app and log back in with your Firefox account credentials.
- Troubleshooting speed issues on Mozilla VPN
- The language of the websites I visit changes when I turn Mozilla VPN on - What to do