No one has helped translate this article yet. If you already know how localizing for SUMO works, start translating now. If you want to learn how to translate articles for SUMO, please start here.
Set Firefox Focus as your default browser if you want it to open links by default. The instructions vary depending on your version of Android:
To find your version of Android, open the Settings app, tap About phone, About tablet or About device (you may have to tap on the More tab on some versions of Android) and if your Android version is not shown, tap Android version (or Software information on some versions of Android).Here's how to do it for your version of Android:
Android version 7 and above
Tap the menu button next to the address bar:
- Tap .
- Under the section, Tap the toggle next to Make Firefox Focus the default browser. This will open the Android Default apps menu to then set Firefox Focus as the default browser.
Android version 6
- In the Settings menu on your device, tap Apps & notifications (it may be called Apps or Applications on some versions of Android).
- Tap (you may have to tap on the icon first on some versions of Android).
- Tap .
- Tap to open a list of choices.
- Tap Firefox Focus to select it.
Android version 5 and older
Step 1: Clear the current browser that opens links
- Open the Settings application and tap on . (On some versions of Android this button is labelled Applications or Application manager and you may have to tap on before the next step.)
- Tap on the
- Tap on the current browser that opens links. This is usually the default browser which is called "Browser" or "Internet".
- Tap on
Step 2: Set Firefox Focus to be the default browser for opening links
- Open a link in an Android application like the Mail application.
- Tap on and then tap on .