This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Can't find "Tools" option when I click the FireFox button; trying to set FireFox to auto clear cache.
Your help info says to click on the FireFox button and "Tools" will appear as an option - then I am to go to Advanced, Privacy, Network, etc. - but "Tools" is nowhere to be found and I can't get anything that seems to let me set FireFox to clear cache automatically when I close the browser.
All Replies (1)
There is no "Tools" on the Firefox button menu. If you will reply with a link to the help page that says there is a "Tools" item on the Firefox button menu, we will get it corrected.
Either of these will work:
- Firefox button > Options > Options >Advanced > Network, Offline Storage section > Clear Now
- Press the ALT key or the F10 key, the Menu Bar temporarily appears, on the Menu Bar click Tools > Options >Advanced > Network, Offline Storage section > Clear Now
See --> https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Options%20window%20-%20Advanced%20panel#w_network-tab
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
Not related to your question, but...
You may need to update some plug-ins. Check your plug-ins and update as necessary:
- Plug-in check --> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in: Installing (or Updating) the Shockwave plugin with Firefox
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape: Installing/Updating Adobe Reader in Firefox
- Shockwave Flash (Adobe Flash or Flash): Updating Flash in Firefox
- Next Generation Java Plug-in for Mozilla browsers: Installing or Updating Java in Firefox
Modified by SafeBrowser