A Firefox account lets you sync your data and preferences (such as your bookmarks, history, passwords, open tabs and installed add-ons) across all your devices.
Table of Contents
Create a Firefox account
You will need a Firefox account to set up sync. To create an account:
- Click the menu button to open the menu panel.
- Click the
button next to .
- The Firefox accounts sign-in page will be open in a new tab.
- Enter your email and click .
- Fill out the form to create an account.
- Take note of the email address and password you used: You'll need them to sign in.
- Firefox accounts will send you a confirmation email. Use the verification link or code to confirm your account.
Click your Firefox Account email or display name (you might need to sign in first.)
- Click .
Choose what information to sync
Connect additional devices to Sync
A device could be a mobile device (such as a smartphone or tablet), a desktop computer, or another Firefox profile. For more on mobile devices, see:
- Android phones and tablets: Sync bookmarks, tabs, history and passwords on Android
- iPads, iPhones and iPod touch devices: Sync bookmarks, logins and browsing history on Firefox for iOS
To connect another desktop computer or profile, just sign in and let Firefox Sync do the rest. To sign in, you'll need the email address and password you used in the previous section.
- Open Firefox on the computer or profile you want to sync.
- Click the menu button , then click the
button next to and sign in.
- If you're already signed in (see How do I know the status of my sync?) click to start syncing immediately.
Disable Sync for previously synced devices
For additional information, see Disable Firefox Sync.