A Firefox account lets you sync your data and preferences (such as your bookmarks, history, passwords, open tabs and installed add-ons) across all your devices.
Table of Contents
Create a Firefox account
You will need a Firefox account to enable sync. To create an account:
- Click the menu button to open the menu panel.
- Click the
button next to .
- The Firefox accounts sign-in page will open in a new tab.
- Enter your email and click .
- Create a password and enter your age (Why do we ask?) and click on
- Take note of the email address and password you used: You'll need them to sign in.
- Choose what information to sync. (See How do I choose what information to sync on Firefox?)
- You will receive a confirmation email from Firefox with a 6-digit confirmation code. Use it to confirm your account.
- Once your account is confirmed, sync is enabled automatically.
Choose what information to sync
Connect additional devices to Sync
A device could be a mobile device (such as a smartphone or tablet), a desktop computer, or another Firefox profile. For more on mobile devices, see:
- Android phones and tablets: Sync bookmarks, tabs, history and passwords on Android
- iPads, iPhones and iPod touch devices: Sync bookmarks, logins and browsing history on Firefox for iOS
To connect another desktop computer or profile, just sign in and let Firefox Sync do the rest. To sign in, you'll need the email address and password you used in the previous section.
- Open Firefox on the computer or profile you want to sync.
- Click the menu button , then click the
button next to and sign in.
- If you're already signed in (see How do I know the status of my sync?) click to start syncing immediately.
Disable Sync for previously synced devices
For additional information, see Disable Firefox Sync.