This article explains how to import an HTML bookmarks file formatted in the Netscape Bookmarks format.
- To replace your existing bookmarks with a Firefox bookmark backup file in JSON format, see Restoring bookmark backups.
Before proceeding, you should make a backup of your current bookmarks. You can do this by opening the Bookmarks Library window (explained below), then selecting and choosing . This will create a Firefox bookmark backup file in JSON format.
Click the Library button on your toolbar. (If you don't see it there, click the menu button then click.) Click and then click the Show All Bookmarks bar at the bottom.
- From the toolbar on the Library window, click
and choose .
- Within the Import Bookmarks File window that opens, navigate to the bookmarks HTML file you are importing and select the file.
- Click the button. The Import Bookmarks File window will close.
- Close the Library window.
The bookmarks in the selected HTML file will be added to your Firefox bookmarks within the Bookmarks Menu directory.