This article describes how to uninstall an extension or theme that can't be removed by following the instructions in How to uninstall add-ons.
Uninstalling add-ons from Thunderbird Safe Mode
If you can't access the add-on manager or if the option to remove a certain add-on is disabled, you may need to uninstall it from Thunderbird Safe Mode.
- Click the menu button , click and select .
- In the Thunderbird Safe Mode dialog, click .
Once Thunderbird has started in Safe Mode, try removing the add-on again and then restarting Thunderbird.
Uninstalling add-ons manually
Navigate to the folder where extensions are installed and delete the extension:
- Click the menu button , click and select . The Troubleshooting Information tab will open.
- Under the Application Basics section next to Profile Folder, click . Your profile folder will open.
- Open the extensions folder inside your profile folder. Inside the extensions folder there are folders or XPI files for each extension and theme that you have installed.
- To determine which folder or XPI file corresponds to the extension you want to uninstall, return to Thunderbird and the tab.
- In the Extensions section, find the extension you want to remove and note the string in the ID column.
- Click the menu button and select to close Thunderbird.
- Delete the folder or XPI file that corresponds to the extension ID you noted above.