You can set Firefox as your default browser from the Firefox Preview app on your Android device.
Table of Contents
Android version 7 and newer
Tap the menu button.
- Tap .
- Tap the
- The DEFAULT DEVICES screen displays.
- The BROWSER APP screen displays.
- Tap the radio button.
Android version 6
- In the Settings menu on your device, tap Apps & notifications (it may be called Apps or Applications on some versions of Android).
- Tap (you may have to tap on the icon first on some versions of Android).
- Tap .
- Tap to open a list of choices.
- Tap Firefox Preview to select it.
Android version 5 and older
Step 1: Clear the current browser that opens links
- Open the Settings application and tap on
- On some versions of Android, this button is labeled Applications or Application manager and you may have to tap on before the next step.
- Tap on the
- Tap on the current browser that opens links.
- This is usually the default browser which is called "Browser" or "Internet".
- Tap on
to prevent this browser from opening links by default.
- If you haven't installed another browser or you have installed another browser like Opera and set it as your default browser, then will be grayed out. If you have installed another browser, go back to the previous step and repeat with the default browser.
Step 2: Set Firefox Preview to be the default browser for opening links
- Open a link in an Android application like the Mail application.
- Tap on and then tap on .