(Redirected from Set Firefox Rocket as your default browser)
Firefox Lite is available in Indonesia, India, The Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam as well as 42 more countries.To open links by default in Firefox Lite you can set it as your default browser.
Table of Contents
Change default browser in Firefox Lite
- Tap the menu button (three dots) at the bottom of the screen.
- Toggle the switch to turn on/off.
If you haven’t set a default browser:
- Tap OK, GOT IT! to open a link.
- Tap on Firefox Lite and then tap on Always.
If you already have a default browser:
- Tap GO TO SETTINGS to enter the Default applications in your Settings.
- Tap Browser app to open a list of choices.
- Tap Firefox Lite on the list.
- In the Settings menu on your phone, tap Apps & notifications.
- Tap .
- Tap .
- Tap to open a list of choices.
- Tap on Firefox Lite in the list.
Older versions of Android
For Android versions below 6:
Step 1: Clear the current browser that opens links
- Open the Settings application and tap on . (On some versions of Android this button is labelled "Applications" and you may have to tap on before the next step.)
- Tap on the tab.
- Tap on the current browser that opens links. This is usually the default browser which is called "Browser" or "Internet".
- Tap on to prevent this browser from opening links by default. If "Clear defaults" is greyed out, then either you have not installed another browser or you have installed another browser like Opera and it is set to be the default browser. If you have installed another browser, go back to the previous step and repeat with the default browser.
Step 2: Set Firefox Lite to be the default browser for opening links
- Open a link in an Android application like the Mail application.
- Tap on and then tap on .