This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox does not allow me to edit my website and distorts pix on the site when I open with it.
I have a Weebly website. Firefox recently does not permit me to edit my site and, when I play my site on Firefox it distorts the formatting. Chrome and Edge allow me on the site to edit and do not distort the images.
All Replies (4)
You may have accidentally zoomed web page(s). Reset the page zoom on pages that cause problems.
- View > Zoom > Reset (Ctrl+0/Command+0 (zero))
You can try these steps in case of issues with web pages:
You can reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
Clear the Cache and remove the Cookies from websites that cause problems via the "3-bar" Firefox menu button (Options/Preferences).
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove the Cookies" from websites that cause problems.
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions ("3-bar" menu button/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: "3-bar" menu button/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the "Refresh Firefox" button on the Safe Mode start window
None of these procedures affected either problem. (a) I still cannot get into my website to edit and modify it using Firefox [It works perfectly with Edge and Chrome] (b) When viewing site, one of the pictures on a page of other pictures is so enlarged as to obscure some of the others. [On Edge and Chrome, pictures retain their correct proportions]
Would it be alright to link the site so we could check the layout in other Firefox installations? Picture proportions going awry could be a problem with the EXIF data embedded in the picture, as some browsers respect it and others do not.
I quickly shifted through some old Weebly+Firefox issues and clearing cache worked in some cases and disabling certain add-ons worked in others. In one case the page code was tailored for IE so it did not work correctly in a standards-compliant browser.
Note that images might look distorted if they are scaled or otherwise width and height are specified and are not displayed in their native dimensions.