This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Fire fox has stopped working Your Firefox profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible.
Firefox has completely stopped working it gives me an error msg. of Your Firefox profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible.nothing I have tried has worked. I used the iobituninstaller to completely re move fire fox from my system and restarted my system and tried to re install fire fox but I get the same error message, Firefox is already running, but is not responding. The old Firefox process must be closed to open a new window. then when I click on th ok button I get this. (Your Firefox profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible.)
All Replies (3)
Sounds like something's gone wrong with your Firefox profile. Can you try creating a new Firefox profile by following the steps outlined here:
Profile Manager - Create, remove or switch Firefox profiles
Let us know if this works, or if you need to keep anything that's in your current profile.
Please also see
- How to run Firefox when your profile is missing or inaccessible
- Recovering important data from an old profile
Are you using third party cleanup tools they sometimes damage profile content but should not make it inaccessible.
- If you are considering deleting profiles.ini as mentioned in one of the linked article do NOT delete it, instead rename it to profiles.ini.old1
- Create new profiles only in the suggested locations.
- Never rename or delete profiles. (Unless you understand them enough to create and use them manually) it is too dangerous.
my profiles.ini is missing. .I did a search for it and didn't come up with any thing. this thing is really screwed up.. I have started from what I thought was from scratch and still no luck. I can use internet explorer but I like fire fox. where should the profile be located if I had one? Thanks for all of your help!!!