This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
When I log on to most websites once I am logged on when I click on a link nothing happens? How do i fix this
I can log in ok. For example once I log into U.S. Bank website and I click on one of my accounts nothing happens. And on websites that are designed for payment of a bill the same thing happens when I click on anything inside the website nothing happens, or it throws an error stating that I did not enter some data which I did.
All Replies (2)
The System Details list next to the question shows that you run an older Firefox 49 version that is no longer supported with security updates. Always update Firefox and Add-ons to the latest versions to get all security fixes. Please update to the current Firefox 54.0.1 release (Firefox 55 is scheduled for the coming week).
- Help -> About Firefox
You can try these steps in case of issues with web pages:
You can reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
Clear the cache and remove the cookies from websites that cause problems via the "3-bar" Firefox menu button (Options/Preferences).
"Clear the cache":
- Options/Preferences -> Advanced -> Network -> Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove the cookies" from websites that cause problems.
- Options/Preferences -> Privacy -> "Use custom settings for history" -> Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- switch to the DEFAULT theme: "3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Appearance
- do NOT click the "Refresh Firefox" button on the Safe Mode start window