This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox keeps resetting it's self to a different language (eastern europe?).
.....I've used This browser for a number of years now with no major issue. Now...it's acting up and I'm incredibly unhappy. I've had issues for 6 weeks +/- now. This is now an ongoing/daily issue and it's causing problems. I'm about to change browsers. (I just updated Firefox to 80.0.1 (64-bit) in the hopes this would fix the problem, it didn't.) .....I started having an issue approximately 7 weeks ago with Firefox, it was working fine before this and had for quite some time. I will be in the middle of doing something and have to pause/shut down/log off the computer and deal with something else. When I come back, sign back in, then open Firefox - the installation has changed it's format to an Eastern European language. [I, personally, don't speak or read any Eastern European languages.] I will go into settings, check the language set up is still in English American, I will click on Language Preferences, add English Canadian, then delete English Canadian, check it's back to English American. Restart the Browser and go back to what I was doing. I'm now doing this 2 to 4 times a day. It's getting old. .....What can I do, not do to fix this issue.
All Replies (1)
Do a clean reinstall of the current Firefox release and delete the Firefox program folder before installing a fresh copy of the current Firefox release.
- download the Firefox installer and save the file to the desktop
If possible uninstall your current Firefox version to cleanup the Windows Registry and settings in security software.
- do NOT remove "personal data" when you uninstall the current Firefox version, because this will remove all profile folders and you lose personal data like bookmarks and passwords including personal data in profiles created by other Firefox versions
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- (64-bit Firefox) "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\"
- (32-bit Firefox) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\"
- it is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling
Your personal data like bookmarks is stored in the Firefox profile folder, so you won't lose personal data when you reinstall or update Firefox, but make sure NOT to remove personal data when you uninstall Firefox as that will remove all Firefox profile folders and you lose your personal data.
If you keep having problems then you can create a new profile as a quick test to see if your current profile is causing the problem.