This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Send Tab to Device from Desktop (v85.0) to Firefox for Android (v84.1.4) tab notification does not appear on mobile
Sending tabs from Firefox desktop (version 85.0, Windows 10) do not arrive to Firefox for Android (version 84.1.4) - phone does not show notification about new tab.
What I do On desktop: Right click on tab > Send Tab to Device > Firefox on <device>. Next I see blue notification on desktop saying "Sent!"
Problem After I send from desktop I do not see notification on mobile device with new tab arriving. Notification simply never arrives.
Workaround On mobile device: (three dots menu) > Settings > Accounts (My Account) > Sync now. All the tabs that I sent previously will arrive now. I have to do this every time I send tabs from desktop.
What I have tried
- Restart Firefox for Android
- Disconnect and connect mobile device to account.
- Check for updates
Are there some additional troubleshooting steps that I can do, e.g. collect logs?
- This has been happening for a while now, at least couple of months and I am unable to pinpoint when it started.
- Sending tab from Firefox for Android to Desktop works instantly.
- Bookmarks, Synced tabs and History always sync as expected.
- When I am doing the workaround, in Account settings, below "Sync now" text it always says: "Last synced: 0 minutes ago".
Modified by Gustas