How to save invites directly to Google Calendar profile?
I have a Gmail account that I use to make sure I can see my meetings from anywhere. The Home (default) calendar is useless if I am not at my desk.
- TB 91.3.2
- Using integrated Google calendar (not Lightning extension)
- I have 5 calendars
* Home (default) * Business Gmail calendar * Personal Gmail calendar * Client 1 calendar (read-only) * Client 2 calendar (read-only)
- I have multiple accounts
* My default business account * My Gmail business account * My Gmail personal account
My desire: When I get an invite to my default business account, I would like to add the Gmail business calendar.
What I do now: When I get a new invite, I accept it into the Home calendar, then I make a copy and store it in the Google Business calendar. It gets messy very quickly...
Today, I received an invite, and when I accepted it, TB asked whether I wanted to import it in my Home calendar, Client 1 calendar (!) or Client 2 calendar (!!). I don't have the rights to update those calendars... but I do have the right to update my Google calendars.
How to I get TB to use my Gmail calendars when accepting meeting invites? Ideally, I would like to delete the Home calendar completely since it really serves no purpose other than being a placeholder because I can't save directly to my Google calendar.
All Replies (3)
How to I get TB to use my Gmail calendars when accepting meeting invites?
Open the calendar tab, and right-click your Google Calendar in the left pane - Properties. When a meeting invitation has been sent to your business Gmail address, and you want it to be added to your business Gmail calendar, select that email address from the Email drop-down menu for that calendar.
Also assign the the personal Gmail address to your personal Google Calendar. That should do it.
No, it doesn't work. I removed my biz email from the properties of the Home calendar, and replaced the Gmail Business email in the the Business Gmail calendar (which is not exactly what I wanted, but I can't assign two emails to the same calendar).
So now I have:
Home: no email Business Gmail calendar: Business email Personal Gmail calendar: personal gmail
So the Gmail business adress is not used.
I did a few tests, and this is what I see:
- If I receive an invite to my business account, my options are to save in Client 1 or Client 2 calendar
- If I receive an invite to my business account *and* my personal Gmail account, my options are to save in Client 1, Client 2, or Personal Gmail calendar
- If I send to my business account and my business gmail account, then I have the option to save in my Google business calendar (like getting it to personal GMail)
This feels like a bug. :/ Or, an unsupported use case.
Seems I misunderstood what you were trying to achieve. As you already found out, you can only assign one email address per calendar. So for the Business Gmail calendar it's either the Business email address or the Gmail business address.
I don't see a way to change that other than think about how to simplify your rather complicated setup with multiple business accounts.