This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
FireFox started crashing at FireFox launch.
FireFox started crashing at FireFox launch. Tried reboot, tried refresh, uninstalled and re-installed, tried Safe Mode. Thought it was a new extension, but apparently not.
All Replies (4)
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing when you open it. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- On the keyboard, press [Windows] + [R]. This should bring up a Run window that contains a text field.
- In that text field, type %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
- From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID with bp- into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Troubleshoot Firefox crashes (closing or quitting unexpectedly) article.
Your instructions are not quite right. I just used the File explorer and went to %APPDATA% This id came from C:\Users\Randy Bryant\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Crash Reports\submittedsubmitted
Crash ID: bp-e9d39365-5200-4291-a0fa-0470a0220113
pending does not have any text files in that folder.
Product Firefox Release Channel release Version 96.0 Build ID 20220106144528 (2022-01-06) Buildhub data OS Windows 7 OS Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
bp-e9d39365-5200-4291-a0fa-0470a0220113 Signature: nsPipe::nsPipe
Uptime 4 seconds
MOZ_CRASH Reason (Sanitized) : MOZ_CRASH(Can't allocate mozilla::ReentrantMonitor)
Crash Reason EXCEPTION_BREAKPOINT
Use these links to create a new profile. Use this new profile as is. Is the problem still there?
Type about:profiles<enter> in the address box.