This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Bookmarks Toolbar vanished
Suddenly my Bookmarks Toolbar vanished from my browser screen. If I click on the Bookmarks Tab I can get the list of the Toolbar as a side bar, but I prefer it to be a horizontal bar always visible. Please tell me how to restore it to its previous state. Thanks!
All Replies (1)
Did you check the setting for showing the Bookmarks Toolbar via the right-click context menu ?
You can toggle the Bookmarks Sidebar via the "Command+B" keyboard shortcut. You can toggle the Bookmarks Toolbar via the "Command+Shift+B" keyboard shortcut. The keyboard shortcut to Open the Library is "Command+Shift+O".
If you use Sync then best is to disconnect Sync temporarily during troubleshooting.
This could be a problem with the places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder.
- use the "Places Database" -> "Verify Integrity" button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page
If errors are reported with "Verify Integrity", close and restart Firefox or reboot and retry.
If "Verify Integrity" cannot repair places.sqlite, rename/remove all places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder with Firefox closed. Firefox will rebuild places.sqlite and restore the bookmarks from the most recent JSON backup in the bookmarkbackups folder.
- keep a backup copy of places.sqlite in case a new places.sqlite database has to be created
- you lose the history when a new places.sqlite is created
You may have to restore an older bookmarks backup in the bookmarkbackups folder via the Bookmarks Manager (Library).
- Bookmarks -> Show All Bookmarks -> Import & Backup -> Restore
You can use the button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page (Root directory).
- Help -> More Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder