When I logged this morning the background fonts had chnged & are now tiny, how do fix this please, thanks ?
'bold text' The main fonts are ok, but the fonts above the line are very tiny & I only have one eye working! (I was due to have it fixed when Covid happened, so I figured I could wait! Hump! ) So..., hard to read these tiny fonts after the whole of my computer changed OVERNIGHT, (I also turned 80 in August!) Seems I now have Bing! Please, ANY help would be fantastic.....seems the Techies in my local area have no idea what Firefox/Mozilla is! I am drowning!! I didn't expect that one!! Silly me! Grrr!...Is there any way I can go back to my Firefox etc & ditch Bing? PLEASE?? SlimSylv....
All Replies (2)
Congratulations on your milestone birthday!
If your fonts are too small throughout your system, you may need to use the Windows features to enlarge text or enlarge everything. See: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/make-text-and-apps-bigger-c3095a80-6edd-4779-9282-623c4d721d64
A few versions ago, some users have enormous font enlargement in their Firefox toolbar area, and may have changed some settings to reduce the size. I'm wondering whether you were among the people who made changes and might need to undo those now. Does that sound familiar?
Where does Bing show up? For example:
- Took over as home page when clicking the Home button (or Alt+Home on keyboard) or opening a new window (Ctrl+N)
- Took over as search engine search submitting a search through the address bar -- does the top line of the drop-down tell you the search is going to Bing, or does it say Google and then it gets hijacked?
- Tool over your new tab page
- Only shows up when using your desktop shortcut to Firefox
- Something else
Depending on the exact symptoms, next steps will vary, but one thing I suggest everyone does it check your add-ons. You can view, disable, and often remove unwanted or unknown extensions on the Add-ons page. Either:
- Ctrl+Shift+a (Mac: Command+Shift+a)
- "3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons
- type or paste about:addons in the address bar and press Enter/Return
In the left column of the Add-ons page, click Extensions. On the right side, find the "Manage Your Extensions" heading.
If there is at least one extension before the next heading -- "Recommended Extensions" -- please continue:
Then cast a critical eye over the list below that heading. Any extensions Firefox installs for built-in features are hidden from this page, so everything listed here is your choice (and your responsibility) to manage. Anything suspicious or that you just do not remember installing or why? If in doubt, disable (or remove). For your privacy and security, don't let mystery programs linger here.
What if your Extensions list is blank or inaccessible?
Use Firefox's Troubleshoot Mode to temporarily deactivate extensions so they can't interfere:
If Firefox is running:
You can restart Firefox in Troubleshoot Mode using either:
- "3-bar" menu button > Help > Troubleshoot Mode... (before Fx88: Restart with Add-ons Disabled)
- (menu bar) Help menu > Troubleshoot Mode... (before Fx88: Restart with Add-ons Disabled)
and OK the restart. A small dialog should appear. Click the Open button (before Fx88: "Start in Safe Mode" button).
If Firefox is not running:
Hold down the Shift key when starting Firefox. (On Mac, hold down the option/alt key instead of the Shift key.) A small dialog should appear. Click the Open button (before Fx88: "Start in Safe Mode" button).
Note: Don't use the Refresh without first reviewing this article to understand what will be deleted: Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings.
After clean up add-ons:
You can use this articles to reselect your preferred home page and search engine:
Can you get back to your preferred setup?
Can you attach a screenshot?
- use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot