Thunderbird Google OAuth2 Problem
I didn't used thunderbird quite a while and now I changed my google mail account to oauth2 for incoming and outgoing mails. I give access for Thunderbird to Google and find this new allowed access and the new assigned thunderbird rights in my google security settings. But I always receive the error message that authentication for imap failed immediately after I successfully login via the browser window in thunderbird. I deleted all extensions and cache folders.
Please have a look at my settings. Do you have ideas ?
Thank you very much maxpd
Modified by maxpd
All Replies (8)
Thank you @sfhowes
but unfortunately this didn't solve the problem. Same error.
Additional information: for sure I use 102.5.1
Do you have a VPN? What's the antivirus and its settings for scanning the profile folder?
I don't use a VPN. Microsoft Bit Defender is my Standard Antivirus.
Check that cookies are accepted in TB Settings/Privacy & Security.
Are you using Bitdefender or Windows Security? Microsoft isn't related to BD. BD has a history of conflicting with TB. Add TB as an exception in BD's Advanced Threat Defense module.
Sorry unfortunately it's only windows security :(
Yes, cookies are accepted. Otherwise I was stuck in the step before allowing Thunderbird in Google.
There are millions of TB users with working gmail accounts, so there must be some external source of the blockage. Try removing the account, then restart TB and add it with the settings that are automatically inserted. Make sure the account ends in @gmail.com, not @googlemail.com.
If it still doesn't work, run Windows in safe mode to see if there is a startup app that is interfering.
I did so, getting this message:
Will start from scratch these days with complete new thunderbird installation.