I Can't Open PDFs in Thunderbird
I can't open PDFs in Thunderbird. I keep seeing this old explanations that talk about "Preferences/General/Files & Attachments". Well at least on my MAC and on my Thunderbird, those menus don't appear anywhere.
What do I do?
All Replies (3)
it's not like this on my Thunderbird either, but Files & Attachments can be found under Settings / General. Are you saying that Thunderbird has no settings in the Mac version ?
I don’t see settings:general anywhere. Exactly where are you seeing that?
The word 'Settings' replaced the wording of 'Preferences'.
So the wording you see depends upon the version you are using.
In version 102.5.1 (current release version) you can access 'Settings' via the Menu icon , the Menu Bar' toolbar or via the left 'Spaces Toolbar'. You choose the method that suits you.
- Via Menu icon (3 horizontal lines) > 'Settings' (it has a gear wheel icon)
- Via 'Menu Bar' toolbar :- 'Tools' > 'Settings'
- Via new Spaces Toolbar (vertical on left) near the bottom is a gear wheel/cog icon - click on it.
Once 'Settings' has opened in a new tab.
- On the left side at the top is 'General' - select it.
- Scroll down to 'Files & Attachments' section.
- locate the Portable Document File and select the action required.
The image below shows the area we are talking about. The image was for a 91* version, so the tab says 'Preferences' but in version 102* it says 'Settngs' otherwise it is the same.