Thunderbird v102 IMAP Win10 Index/Synchronization Hangs
When I launch Thunderbird IMAP, it tries to bring current any IMAP activity I’ve done on my phone but gets stuck indexing/synchronizing. Here’s what I’ve tried:
A. In Thunderbird 1. Rebuild the Global Database
2. Rebuild the INBOX.msf file
B. In ESET Antivirus, Assign Exclusions for Thunderbird 1. Go to SETUP > advanced > detection engine > exclusions > detection exclusions > edit, and there are two: (1) C: Program files\Mozilla Thunderbird, and (2) C: Program Files(x86)\ Mozilla Maintenance Service.
2. Go to SETUP > advanced > web and email > protocol filtering > excluded applications > edit, C: Program files\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe.
3. Go to SETUP > advanced > email client protection > email protocols, and disable (turn OFF) the IMAP and IMAPS protocols.
4. You have to also exclude the Thunderbird Profiles Folder. Go to SETUP > advanced > detection engine > exclusions > detection exclusions > edit, and navigate to C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\
5. Restart the computer.
C. When I launch Thunderbird, it tries to bring current any IMAP activity I’ve done on my phone but hangs at indexing/synchronizing.
1. The above steps should be enough to resolve the issue if it’s caused by ESET program or settings, according to ESET tech support.
2. To verify whether the issue is being caused by ESET program or ESET settings, I uninstalled ESET and ran Thunderbird in an attempt to reproduce the issue. The issue persists with ESET uninstalled. Therefore the problem is not ESET. So I reinstalled ESET. If you do use ESET for antivirus be sure to assign the above exclusions.
D. Is there a way for me to pay someone for telephone tech support or a way for me to go back to v91?
Modified by Scott