This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How do I block spam url from loading ie Capital One
spam url from capital one credit cars selling their junk opens out of no where. there is the Source Info:
Every time Firefox opened
== must have picked it up from a shopping website without requesting it or clicking on anything
All Replies (1)
If excess popups are occuring when you load websites, you may have disabled popup blocking. See Pop-up blocker settings, exceptions and troubleshooting for steps to enable.
The most likely cause of excess popups on sites that should not have them, such as Google search pages, is spyware.
- Ensure you don't have any Firefox extensions that may be affecting the behavior of websites. See Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems for instructions on testing whether extensions are causing a problem.
- See Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware to determine whether spyware is likely causing the issue
If spyware is at fault, a number of popular freeware malware scanners can be used. Some examples are:
- http://www.malwarebytes.org (Malwarebytes; free version works to remove spyware, but is limited in some features)
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/mal.../default.aspx (Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool)
- http://www.safer-networking.org (Spybot Search & Destroy)