This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Is Firefox capable of blocking a website?
At first my question was HOW do I block a website, but now I'm wondering, CAN I block a website? I have found no option or tutorial on how to do it. so... can it be done?
All Replies (2)
Not in the default installation.
Try using the BlockSite extension.
Do a malware check with a few malware scan programs.
You need to use all programs because each detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of the database before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
See also "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked and What to do when searches take you to the wrong search website
You can look at Adblock Plus: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/1865
You need to subscribe to a Filter list (e.g. the EasyList): http://adblockplus.org/en/subscriptions