This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
firefox months old message at startup but am on current version why?
At Firefox start up she gets a message that Firefox is a few months old and should be updated. I check the version and [Check for updates] and it shows 3.6.13
All Replies (1)
Such an error message can be coming from malware. You should only update Firefox via Help > Check for Updates and never via a pop-up or link on a web page if it is not the official Mozilla website. There are a lot of web pages that try to seduce you and install viruses instead.
Do a malware check with some malware scan programs.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of the database before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
See also "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked and What to do when searches take you to the wrong search website