Ova tema je arhivirana. Postavi novo pitanje ako trebaš pomoć.
Firefox will not open...please help.
My Mozilla Firefox will not open any windows, although it does start and show as running in my task manager. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it twice now and restarted my computer twice.
I CANNOT start Firefox in safe mode by holding down shift or using the "firefox/safe" in the run box.
I've tried it with applications closed, and open....I've tried it online and offline, I tried to run it in compatibility mode, I checked my computer for viruses...nothing helps.
I have read every troubleshooting item here but they only say try safe mode, or do something from Firefox when it is open such as reset it. I have no add-ons or extensions on Firefox and it just worked yesterday...also my computer is brand new Windows 8.1 12GB ram 2TB harddrive and everything else works fine.
Svi odgovori (2)
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
WARNING: Do not run Firefox's uninstaller or use a third party remover as part of this process, because that could permanently delete your Firefox data, including but not limited to, extensions, cache, cookies, bookmarks, personal settings and saved passwords. These cannot be recovered unless they have been backed up to an external device!
This didn't work. No matter what I do I cannot install a Firefox that will allow me to open a window on my Mac. I install it. Shows that it's open, and then it does nothing. Won't even give me a window. I can force quit it and open it and that's it.