This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Washed out colors in uploaded images, how do I fix it?
This problem used to only be in Google Chrome, but now it's affecting Firefox as well. Nothing i tried (from reading some previous questions here) helps, changing things in about:config only helped when uploading images through imgur.com. But I want to upload them elsewhere.
when it's uploaded http://i.imgur.com/u6peY.jpg
All Replies (3)
Try the Firefox Safe Mode to see how it works there. The Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open the Firefox 4.0+ Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or use the Help menu item and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Don't select anything right now, just use "'Start in Safe Mode" To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shift key) to open it again. If it is good in the Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.
Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
Hi! Thank you for replying. Switching to safe mode didn't help.
- Does the problem happen with another computer?
- Does the problem happen in a new profile?
- Does the problem happen when security software is temporarily disabled?
- Does the problem happen in IE as well?