Deze conversatie is gearchiveerd. Stel een nieuwe vraag als u hulp nodig hebt.
Missing bookmarks, history and downloads
Updated version of Firefox as recommended. ALL history, bookmarks and downloads are missing! How do I restore to MacBook. I tried steps listed but nothing has worked. Very frustrated
Alle antwoorden (3)
Bookmarks and history and downloads are stored in places.sqlite in the Firefox profile folder.
Did you lose other data ? Did you already reboot the computer ?
You can check if you have an "Old Firefox Data" folder on the desktop in case the Refresh feature in Firefox has been used and a new profile has been created.
If you use the Time Machine or other backup then try to restore file(s) from this backup.
Location used for the main profile that keeps your personal data (Root Directory on about:profiles).
- ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/<profile>
In Mac OS X v10.7 and later, the "~/Library" folder in the Home directory is a hidden folder.
I did not seem to lose any other data. Yes I have already rebooted. I do have an Old Firefox Data and Relocated Items folder on the desk top. I have tried some of the links provided. None have worked
You can copy certain files with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to transfer or recover personal data.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- favicons: favicons.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (encrypted logins;32+) and key4.db (decryption key;58+) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
key3.db support ended in 73+; to use key3.db in 58-72, make sure to remove key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- persdict.dat for words added to the spell checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)
You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder