This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
how do I add another mailbox to my main account
I have two email addresses the main mail address is my thunderbird account email but how do I add the other email address to this account. regards
All Replies (3)
From the Menu Bar select File-New-Existing Mail Account If the menu bar is hidden press the alt key to reveal it.
From the AppMenu (button with 3 horizontal lines) select File-New Message-Existing Mail Account.
FYI: There is no such thing as a Thunderbird account. Thunderbird is email client software. Email account come from email providers.
Thanks for your help But I now have my other email recognized in TBird but when I ask it to download messages it reports that "sending password to the mail server failed as the mail server does not recognize my password. When I use my Isp's webmail service all works fine same password but not with T bird. any further advice please. regards
Modified by Matt
Please add the troubleshooting information to your post To find the Troubleshooting information:
- Open Help (or click on three-line-icon and select Help)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Use the button Copy to clipboard to select all. Do not check box "Include account names"!
- Paste this in your post.
Please also add the result of these troubleshooting steps to your post
- Does Thunderbird work in TB Safe mode (see Thunderbird Safe Mode)?
- Do you use anti-virus and firewall software? What is the version?
- Who is the email provider?