Sync login doesn't display
I had an issue where any ssl pages would not open. The help pages and sync would not open. I had to search using IE... I did the 'Reset Firefox' option from help menu. This fixed some of the sites and most of the Mozilla support pages. However, the sync still does not go to the login page. With SSL sites, usually I get the are you sure option and add. I even tried the suggestion to change the about:config for ssl... No luck there either, and since it broke going to other pages, I put it back to the original settings. Instead, I receive the following error.
You have asked Firefox to connect securely to accounts.firefox.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure. Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified. What Should I Do? If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue. Technical Details accounts.firefox.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was provided. (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)
hello, please attempt to add an exception on the bottom of the error page & inspect the certificate (see the screenshot attached for instructions):
- which issuer information does the certificate contain?
"This Connection is Untrusted" error message appears - What to do
Also check the date and time in the clock on your computer: (double) click the clock icon on the Windows Taskbar.
You can retrieve the certificate and check details like who issued certificates and expiration dates of certificates.
- Click the link at the bottom of the error page: "I Understand the Risks"
Let Firefox retrieve the certificate: "Add Exception" -> "Get Certificate".
- Click the "View..." button and inspect the certificate and check who is the issuer of the certificate.
You can see more Details like intermediate certificates that are used in the Details pane.
If "I Understand the Risks" is missing then this page may be opened in an (i)frame and in that case try the right-click context menu and use "This Frame: Open Frame in New Tab".
- Note that some firewalls monitor (secure) connections and that programs like Sendori or FiddlerRoot can intercept connections and send their own certificate instead of the website's certificate.
- Note that it is not recommended to add a permanent exception in cases like this, so only use it to inspect the certificate.